My work experience in the field of international development spans several areas, including project management, monitoring, evaluation and consulting. I have also worked on short-term projects in development communications and theater-for-reconciliation. The organizations I have worked with are based in South Asia, the Pacific, Europe and the US. In all these projects, I have attempted to understand the strengths and limitations of existing development interventions while trying to develop innovative approaches rooted in my research.
Through my varied work experiences, my understanding of development has evolved to absorb insights from multiple professional fields and academic disciplines. I have come to see development as a holistic process that cuts across many complex social dynamics. These insights have become part of the inspiration for my work in film and photography, as well as for my plans for future research in my current capacity as a Gates Cambridge scholar at the Faculty of Education at the University of Cambridge.
Some of my work has been featured in a profile by my alma mater Dartmouth College.
The projects I have worked on include:
- Bachpan Bachao Andolan (Save the Childhood Movement, under the leadership of Kailash Satyarthi, the 2014 laureate of the Nobel Peace Prize), New Delhi (India)
- Indian National Education Policy framework
- Full Stop - national campaign against child sexual abuse
- United World Colleges (Marshall Islands, Nepal, Slovakia, UK)
- Design of selection procedures for a newly established selection committee awarding scholarships to high school students in the Marshall Islands
- Work on outreach and developing selection procedures suitable for diverse groups of applicants in Nepal
- Assessment of applications and interviewing candidates in Slovakia, Marshall Islands, Nepal and the UK
- PharmaSecure, Inc., New Delhi (India)
- Impact evaluation and strategy development for psConnect, a patient engagement platform
- Field research on affordability of hepatitis medicine and intervention design of affordability-based segmentation of patients for targeted medicine discounts
- The Learning Center, Kathmandu (Nepal)
- Impact evaluation and monitoring of Partners in Education, a private-public remedial education program
- James Nachtwey Studio, New York (USA)
- Studio management for the war photographer James Nachtwey
- Youth Bridge Global, Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Majuro (Marshall Islands)
- Production of Shakespearean plays aimed at conflict resolution and aiding underperforming education systems
- Dartmouth Volunteer Teaching Program, Majuro (Marshall Islands)
- Teaching and curriculum development in the Marshall Islands